Shea Butter is one of nature’s best. African healers and beauticians have been in on this secret for thousands of years . It would be a boon to you to partake of the wisdom of the sages, and learn Shea Butter’s wonderful uses, therapeutic and beauty friendly as it is.
Shea Butter, also known as Karite Butter, is a cream coloured fatty substance made from the Mangifolia trees that grow in the savannah region of West and central Africa. Karite trees or Shea trees, are not cultivated. They grow only in the wild and they can take up to 50 years to mature. Blimey! That’s a whole of time, don’t you agree?
It’s varied applications are listed below:
1. The substance is almost magical in its healing effects on burns, ulcerated skin, stretch marks,(prevention of stretch marks during pregnancy) and dryness of the skin.
2. It’s effectiveness in dealing with insect bites, Eczema, Dermatitis, Skin damage from heat(hot grease while cooking,radiation treatment for certain medical problems e.t.c) cannot be overemphasized.
3. It works to ease muscle fatigue, aches and tension (can be used before and after strenuous exercise)
Shea Butter for the Face:
* Massage your face with a little Shea Butter. Pay close attention to the lower part of your nose, the corner of your lips, ears, and forehead. Shea Butter helps reduce premature facial lines, dark spots, marks, minor scars, chapped lips, blemishes, and bumps. Shea Butter is 100% natural so it can be used daily or whenever needed. Take your pick.
Shea Butter for the body:
* Shea Butter penetrates deep into the skin to help provide lasting protection against temperature extremes. Because of its softness and the presence of vitamin F, it is excellent for a body massage. With the help of your body heat it is absorbed into the skin. You can test this out yourself by placing a small amount of pure Shea Butter on your finger tips and watching closely as your body helps melt it down.
* Shea Butter also helps to maintain moisture and skin softness.
* Add about a teaspoon of shea butter to your hot bath to help you relax. This is as natural a bathing oil as you can get.
Shea Butter for the Hair:
* To revitalize your hair, massage a generous amount of unrefined Shea Butter onto your scalp and in your hair. Wrap with a warm towel for 30minutes. Remove the towel and style as usual. It is very effective in the dealing with dry hair, dry scalp, and the real enemy, dandruff.
* Apply unrefined Shea Butter at least twice a week to your hair and once a week to your scalp. It improves hair texture, hair moisture and hair growth.
* Apply Shea Butter to your hair before and after swimming to help protect your hair from the chlorine and salt. After swimming shampoo your hair right away. A little shea butter before and after you dry your hair is a very good idea!!
SHEA BUTTER HANDY TIPS:
Can’t get rid of those cracked heels, crusty toes and feet? Try using shea butter.Yes it works!!! Want to know how? Easy!
•Soak your feet in warm water for about 15minutes. Scrub your heels with a bath stone or a sponge. Change the warm water. Add 1 teaspoon of shea butter to the warm water and then soak feet again for 15-20minutes. Towel dry and moisturise with shea butter. Do this once or twice a week. Works like a charm!
•Massage your feet with shea butter to help reduce stress and tension in your body. Apply shea butter in between your toes daily to avoid smelly feet and acheive soft feet.
•Applying shea butter just before going to bed is not a great idea sometimes because most of it could rub off . Barring that, you can apply shea butter anytime , several times a day,every hour if you would like. Shea Butter is 100% natural so you don’t have to worry abt chemicals. Keep shea butter out of hot area or heat so it does not melt. Always keep in a cool dark place.
Quite amazingly you could get shea butter anywhere in the market,at affordable prices in different shapes and sizes.
So,there you have it, SHEABUTTER, that’s your new beauty secret!!
Join us next week for more.
For more interesting articles,n please click on the following links: