This page is exclusively packaged to help MOTIVATE you, and see the POSITIVE side of your life.
Get INSPIRED as you surf through.
What is motivation?….
Motivation is something that drives us to complete a task, a challenge, it’s something that drives us from within. In other words it’s a reason for doing something. Some of us need more motivating than others, some people are self motivated and some need to be motivated by others. It doesn’t matter how we are motivated, just finding what motivates us is what is important. The right motivation can help us to improve our lifestyles or to tackle that task that we know is going to be a challenge. Finding something that motivates us can mean the difference between failure and success.
Why is motivation important?….
If we have no motivation, then we have no real reason for doing anything. Imagine that – a life without reason. When we approach a task with a ”What’s the point?” attitude, then we see no real reason for doing that task, so we lack motivation and chances are we won’t finish what we start, if indeed we start at all. That is why finding what motivates us is so important.
Focus on how you’ll feel when you’ve completed your task or challenge. Feeling good is always good motivation.
Tell yourself that you’ll treat yourself when you’ve completed what you’ve set out to do.
What motivates us?….
We are all motivated in different ways, some of us find we need others to help motivate us. We may need a bit of healthy competition to keep us motivated or we may be able to motivate ourselves, here are some examples…
- A person goes to see the doctor and is told that if they don’t loose weight they could be heading for a heart attack or stroke. That person is then motivated to loose weight, it won’t make loosing weight any easier, but there is now a justifiable reason for for loosing weight.
- An elderly person looses their partner of many years and feels they have no reason to live. That person must find something to live for. They may find that getting a pet helps as it will give them something else to focus on, a dog will need walking and feeding. There’s nothing like a wet snout in the face to get you out of bed in the morning!! Or maybe a cat maybe better suited, whatever the animal it’ll need looking after……If you know someone in this position, take the time to ask them how they are, maybe invite around for a coffee. Just knowing someone cares might be all the motivation they need to get out of bed in the morning.
- Doing things for charity is a good way to get and stay motivated. In doing things for others our chances of success are higher because we have a good reason for doing whatever it is we are doing for the charity. We are motivated by doing something for someone else.
Some ways I stay motivated….
It’s not always easy, I’ll tell you that….
- When I find myself constantly repeating things to my children and I feel like I can’t do it anymore. I remind myself that what I take the time to teach them now, may well make them decent human beings when they are older and that’s enough to keep me motivated in motivating them to get things done – a bit of a tongue twister that!!
- Leaving my warm bed for an early morning run isn’t always fun, but what motivates me is how I’ll feel after my run. I thrive on happy hormones!!
- My motivation for writing on HubPages is that maybe someone will read one of my hubs and enjoy it or find it of interest.